Couple observations in no particular order:
- Extremely nice employees. We had to go twice and they remembered us the second time.
- There is an ever-present hurricane of seagulls always hovering above one of the sections.
- Apartment building next to the dump has a lot of ads up on it which makes it seem like they are having trouble attracting tenants for some reason.
- Various areas are decorated with cool things employees have gotten out of the garbage: sculptures, paintings, football helmets, etc. It’s very folksy and I wish I could have gotten out of the car to walk around and look at all of it but…
- There were giant CAT industrial loaders flying around like the people driving them were playing GTA. I never felt unsafe, but it definitely didn’t feel normal to see those gigantic machines changing directions so quickly.
10/10 experience. I wish they gave tours on the weekends.